Tuesday, December 6, 2011

HATT walk a thon

Januray 12th 2010.  The earthquake.  300,000 dead.  When I travelled to Haiti for the first time in 2005 I made some wonderful friends and was treated like family by so many.  I had seen some of them living in circumstances that most of us in the US had never seen first hand.  When the earthquake hit, nothing prepared me for a difficutle circumstance becoming even harder.

 Recently, I met Que Osterval with an organization that is focused with two of the passions that I have been striving for the last seven years.  Planting Fruit trees and water security.  HATT(Haitianamericantreetrust.org) has given me the opportunity to help my friends in Haiti by working on a remembrance walk and walk-a-thon to raise money for long term susitaniable projects in Haiti.  

January 14, 2012 will be a time to remember and raise awareness for the need for help to our neighbors in Haiti.  Visit the HATT website for more info.  I will be blogging about my participation in this event

No comments:

Post a Comment